Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So much to do... so little time




My eyes are bigger than my. calendar. I love my job. I love my family. I love the activities I do. But I need a change. Problem is, how do I fit it into all of the other things that I love doing, which take time?

Years ago, I dropped playing the piano in favor of playing tennis. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love playing and competing in tennis, but now I want to take piano lessons and try to get to a point where I can play a known song fairly well.

Every time I hear a Rabbi Kushner speak, I want to read his books. I have started several of them.

Just yesterday, I heard Brandeis Professor Shulamit Reinharz speak. Now, I want to read her books and articles, of which there are dozens and dozens. I have Googled her and found a couple of articles.

When I see the Adult Ed listings at my synagogue, I want to sign up for several courses. I have taken one so far.

Am I a failure? I would rather not think so. I chalk it up to an ongoing schedule which won't quit. I won't drop my job. I won't leave my family or spend less time with them. I won't stop playing tennis (although I play less in the winter months). I do have other volunteer activities, which I could let slide, but I don't.

No comments: